Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First Loves

Ok, so when we were in the 6th grade the note read: Do you like me? Check Yes or No. You checked yes! Boy, I liked you! Really, really liked you. We were a "couple" from almost then on. I dated a few others, so did you. For the most part, we or I and so did everyone else think we would be together forever and ever amen! That was until SHE came along, you broke up with me. By the way, this was our senior year in high school and rumor had it you wanted to sell your motorcycle to buy me a diamond for christmas and then three weeks later. . .dun, dun, dun, dun. I had to go to your house to get my ring back. You NEVER brought it to me. I moved on. You called on my 18th birthday, I couldn't say that I wanted to see you, because my new boyfriend was there. He just gave me a diamond necklace and flowers for my birthday. . . . Let's back up for just one minute. . .My mom finally broke my Jackson 5 record, I'll be There. . .she got tired of hearing it!

So then, I moved back to the area. We saw each other. I still had feelings for you, I think you did for me too. At least your actions spoke that way. . . then you said. . .get over it. I think you felt guilty, even though we really didn't have anything to feel guilty about. Oh, your brother and sister in law wanted us to get back together. . . .we didn't. I moved on. Worked on my marriage and remembered you fondly, even first love, lovingly.

Seriously, it has been over 25 years since we have seen, spoken to each other or had any other kind of contact. Then, your name came up on my Facebook page! Wow! I was shocked, hadn't thought about you for years. I was living my life, being happy, raising my children, watching them marry, give me grandchildren. Just coming out of my change of life crisis career change. I sent you a note. . . .asked to be your friend. . . .and you snub me?!!! I can only assume YOU are not over me and that you are afraid to have any kind of contact. . . .SERIOUSLY!!!! I am 53, you will be soon enough. GROW UP!!!! We had a pretty good friendship as well. Your loss, you just showed me your TRUE colors once again.

Just so it is clear: I am happy, not interested, and you really PISSED me off!! But. . . I am over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment